1) Shouldn't this page be called: 2856197_Shadow_ARF_Trooper ?
2) As per http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=2856197-1 / info tab (and I've seen it too), it was available to purchase separately for £7.99/$9.99. That might have been more likely the reason item running out.
3) As per one of LEGO-s first mail, they wrote "Place an order through LEGOshop.com on May 3rd or May 4th and you will receive an exclusive LEGO® Star Wars™ poster, each individually numbered up to 15,000, celebrating the LEGO Star Wars 10th Anniversary and featuring over 160 minifigures that have appeared in a LEGO Star Wars set in the last 10 years. You will also automatically be entered to win a first-edition LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon™ – number 5, 6 or 7.*!" - Therefore the number of the item could be equal to 15,000 (poster was still available after item ran out).
4) Even after getting a confirmation of item is on backorder, "late" orderers might have received a message like this: " Dear LEGO® Fan!
Due to unforeseen high demand during our LEGO® Star Wars™ May the Force Be With You!™ promotion, we ran out of the Star Wars™ ARF Trooper Minifigure by the time your order was processed. I am happy to tell you that, as you are a valued LEGO customer, we will send you a substitute product in place of this item which is a cool LEGO® Star Wars™ Boba Fett Keychain!
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Your LEGO® Customer Service Team "
Maques 20:00, May 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Do you mean we should call the page 2856197 Shadow ARF Trooper? We do have a page called that, about the set. This page is about the minifigure. 20:04, May 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Uh, yes. Well, then maybe some of the info here should be moved to that page? - after all the sales info relates to the "set", not to the figure itself... Maques 20:09, May 6, 2011 (UTC)