- "Not building does not compute!"
- ―The Robot
The Robot is a minifigure, who appeared in 8683 Minifigures Series 1. He has a silver helmet and a robotic right arm. He appears in the online game Brick Builder and in LEGO Universe, and he is mainly all grey.
The Robot has grey legs, hips, torso, arms, head , hands and helmet. This is to imitate a metal body. On his legs and torso are lots of printed bolts, and his torso also has a gauge with red and green printing on it, and a metal grate of some kind over his stomach. He has one normal arm and one robotic arm, which has a pneumatic claw instead of a hand. Under his helmet, he has a detailed face with red eyes, grille-like mouth, and other robotic components. His helmet has chunky antenna and 3D bolts.
Facts from the LEGO Minifigures Character Encyclopaedia
- His helmet is based on the clunky robots of low-budget 1950s sci-fi movies.
- His helmet has drum-lacquered silver to make it extra-shiny.
- The gauge on his chest measures whether enough bricks have been found to start building.
- His powerful pneumatic claw assembles bricks at 10 times the normal speed.
- The bolts on his body provide easy access to internal components for maintenance.
- His helmet was first created for this character.
- He likes building, and dislikes rusting.
- He is the opposite of the Demolition Dummy, as the Robot builds and the Demolition Dummy deconstructs.
- The Robot's face and helmet are available on the LEGO Universe version of LEGO Digital Designer.
- His robotic arm is the same design as the Space Villain from Series 3.
- There are two other robots: one in Series 6, the Clockwork Robot, and the other robot in Series 8, the Evil Robot.
- An extra robotic arm is included in the set.
- In Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, someone was shown wearing the Robot's helmet. However, that person had yellow skin and black eyes, so it was not the Robot himself.
Did You Know
- The Robot once crossed an entire ocean by walking along the sea floor. The Deep Sea Diver was pretty surprised to see him there!
- The Robot’s internal parts include three tin cans, string from a kite, a coat hanger, a wind-up music box, and an old tea kettle.
- Nobody knows who originally built the Robot years and years ago. Even the Robot himself doesn’t remember.
- 8683 Minifigures Series 1
- Circus Clown animation
- He appears as a Vendor in LEGO Universe named Axon Klaxon. Although his right arm is available as a brick in LEGO Universe, he does not appear with it in the game, instead replacing it with a standard arm. The decal on his torso is coloured slightly different.
- Magazine appearances
- LEGO Club Magazine Issue 3 2010 - Time To Get Mini With It!