|Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu|
|"Never Trust a Snake"|
Dan & Kevin Hageman
February 1st, 2012
Never Trust a Snake is the fourth episode in the first season of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu.
In the beginning of the episode, Zane has a dream about the green ninja fighting Lord Garmadon and then tells the other ninja about it during training. Sensei Wu then gives the ninja a riddle to solve: "What is the best way to defeat an enemy?" Meanwhile Lloyd Garmadon and the Fangpyre prepare to attack the Hypnobrai. However, Skales and Fangtom turn out to be friends and betray Lloyd. The ninja continue training and Sensei Wu checks up on them to see if they have found the answer to the riddle. Kai says it is "to train", but Sensei answers that he is wrong and orders them to continue to train. Lloyd then finds the tomb of the Anocondrai and frees Pythor P. Chumsworth. They then create havoc around Ninjago and return to the Anocondrai tomb with a bounty of sweets. Together they then take over the Boarding School for Bad Boys that kicked Lloyd out. The Ninja then arrive to stop them, and they free the tied-up school students. They also find Kruncha and Nuckal tied up in the same room, Cole agrees to free them if they promise to leave Ninjago. Pythor and Lloyd are cornered on the roof and Pythor betrays Lloyd by stealing the map to find the other tribes and abandoning him. Jay then takes Lloyd to Sensei while Cole, Kai and Zane discuss his punishment. Later, Sensei reads Lloyd a bed time story about why you should never trust a snake and Lloyd then falls asleep. The ninja are confused and ask Sensei about it and Sensei reveals the answer to the riddle is: "To make them your friend".
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Zane - Brent Miller
- Sensei Wu - Paul Dobson
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- Lloyd Garmadon - Jillian Michaels
- Lord Garmadon - Mark Oliver
- Kruncha - Brian Drummond
- Skales - Ian James Corlett
- Fangtom - Mackenzie Gray
- Pythor - Michael Dobson
- Falcon - Paul Dobson
- When the Ninja failed to do their stretches correctly, everyone but Zane represents the Three Wise Monkeys: Cole represents Hear no Evil, Jay represents Speak no Evil, and Kai represents See no Evil. Sensei Wu even commented saying that it "looks like the shocked monkey."
- This episode takes its name from a line of a book Sensei Wu reads Lloyd, referring to the several instances Lloyd had been betrayed by the Serpentine. More specifically, it refers to Pythor, who gains Lloyd's trust in order to steal the Map of Dens for his own purposes.
- This is the first appearance of Pythor P. Chumsworth and Darkley's Boarding School for Bad Boys. It is also the last time Lloyd appears as a villain, pranks in the next episode notwithstanding - the rest of the season focuses on battling the Serpentine, with Pythor becoming the main antagonist.
- In this episode, Lloyd's 'bowlcut' was seen for the first time.
- Instead of saying Kruncha in the end credits, it says "Crunch."