IG-88 is a LEGO Star Wars-themed Minifigure released in 2006. He was a droid bounty hunter that operated during the Galactic Civil War. IG-88 was a rival of Boba Fett, another Bounty Hunter. Of the IG Assassin Droid line, IG-88 was hired by Darth Vader to capture Han Solo, along with Dengar, Bossk, and Boba Fett. In the video game LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, IG-88 can access bounty hunter, protocol droid, and astromech droid panel doors.
The droid is mainly Metallic Silver, with one part in Transparent Flourescent Reddish-Orange. It is extremely similar in looks to the ordinary Assassin Droid. The 2011 redesign is entirely Dark Stone Grey with one printed piece.
IG-88 was a droid created by a group of scientists, along with the other droids. However, the intelligence programs with which he was outfitted caused them to rebel, killing his creators. The droid took over Mechis III to serve as a base, IG-88 took up a career as bounty hunting to distract attention from Mechis III. When the hunt for Han Solo began IG-88 went with Boba Fett to Cloud City, IG-88 however escaped with him from Lando, Leia and Chewbacca on Slave I.
- In the UCS set, 10188 Death Star an assassin droid made of white pieces and a black neck piece is often referred to as a variant of IG-88, but it is only called Assassin Droid on the box.
- Part 4589 (1, Lower head)
- Part 4073 (2, Upper head pieces)
- Part 48729 (1, Neck)
- Part 30375 (1, Torso)
- Part 30377 (2, Arms)
- Part 30376 (1, Legs)
Gallery of Variants
- 6209 Slave I (original)
- 10221 UCS Super Star Destroyer (redesigned)
- 75167 Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack
- 75213 Star Wars Advent Calendar
- 75222 Betrayal at Cloud City
Video Game Appearances
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- LEGO Star Wars: Skywalker Saga