A Gonk Droid was a type of droid that supplied power to various electronic devices. The Droid made an appearance in all of the LEGO Star Wars video games released to date and is infamous for his extremely slow walking pace. However, there is an extra that will make him walk extremely fast and jump higher than any normal character in the game LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga. The name "Gonk" refers to the droid's full name, which is "GNK Power Droid".
The Gonk droid has a main box, supported by two short legs, and two feet. Out of the seven parts used, three are Dark Stone Grey, and four are Medium Stone Grey. The main box has Black printing. The old variant has a body made from a mailbox-type brick while the new variant is brick-built.
The Gonk Droid's official name is the GNK Power Droid, but it was nicknamed "Gonk Droid" because of the low honking noise it made, which sounded like the word "Gonk". Gonk Droids were, put simply, power generators on legs. They were programmed with very basic intelligence, so they could understand simple commands. They were often found on under-developed planets, were there was no electricity grid, or in mobile operations, such as the military.
Gallery of Variants
- In LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game and LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy, the Gonk Droid is slow-moving and unable to jump.
- In LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, one of the extra cheats is Super Gonk, which allows the Gonk Droid to jump and move much faster.
- The Gonk Droid's body is also used in other sets as a mailbox.
- In LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, the GNK Droid is identified as a Separatist character, and is attacked by Republic-aligned characters, however the character model is a Plonk Droid, a similar droid that has a longer body and 2 more legs.
- He is one of the few characters to appear in all 4 video games.
- In LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, he is notably faster than his previous appearances.
- Part 4346px8 (Body front)
- Part 4345b (Body)
- Part 3794 (Leg attachment)
- Part 4085c (Feet)
- Part 4073 (Legs)
Other Physical Appearances
Video Game Appearances
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (non playable)
- LEGO Star Wars: Skywalker Saga