- "Today is the end of the Republic! The end of a regime that acquiesces to disorder! At this very moment, in a system far from here the New Republic lies to the galaxy while secretly supporting the treachery of the loathsome Resistance. This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand, will bring an end to the Senate! To their cherished fleet! All remaining systems will bow to the First Order! And will remember this... as the last day of the Republic!""
- ―Hux's speech to the First Order to destroy the New Republic's capital of Hosnian Prime.
- "Long live the Supreme Leader."
- ―Hux's line to the new Supreme leader, Kylo Ren.
General Armitage Hux was a high-ranking officer within the First Order, the successor to the Galactic Empire, thirty years after the fall of Darth Vader and Palpatine. He was the General in charge of the superweapon Starkiller Base, working alongside Kylo Ren. Ren was the apprentice of Snoke, the First Order's Supreme Leader.
It was Hux who ordered the destruction of the Hosnian system, capital of the New Republic, by Starkiller Base's superweapon. D'Qar, home base of the Resistance, was intended as the superweapon's next target. However, Resistance pilots lead by Poe Dameron launched a counterattack to destroy Starkiller Base, which succeeded. As the planet collapsed around him, Hux was ordered by Snoke to flee with Kylo Ren, who had been injured following a duel with Rey.
- In Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars:The Last Jedi, Hux is played by Domhnall Gleeson, who is also known for playing Bill Weasley in the Harry Potter films.