- "Captain Marvel! Earth's Mightiest Hero! Prepare to be amazed!"
- ―Captain Marvel in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
US Air Force Special Operations Colonel Carol Danvers was the youngest security captain in NASA's history when she befriended Dr. Walter Lawson, really the undercover Kree warrior Mar-Vell (known to Earth as Captain Marvel) and became entangled in the schemes of the Kree Empire. During a fight between Captain Marvel and his enemy Yon-Rogg, Carol was exposed to a form of radiation generated by the Kree Psyche-Magnitron, a device that could turn imagination into reality. When the device exploded, Carol's wish to be powerful enough to protect herself and an injured Mar-Vell came true as it altered her genetic structure and effectively made her a half-Kree superhuman. She gained the powers of flight, super-durability and super-strength along with energy projection and heat absorbtion. Originally super-heroing under the name Ms. Marvel (a nod to her friend Mar-Vell), Carol took over the mantle Captain Marvel after Mar-Vell's death at Captain America's urging. She has also become a mentor to young heroine Kamala Khan, who took on Carol's old mantle of Ms. Marvel.
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Carol Danvers, also known as Captain Marvel, is a United States Air Force pilot who, as a result of her Kree heritage, obtained cosmic powers.
- Carol is closely linked with the modern Guardians of the Galaxy, frequently working with them and even serving as a member of the group for a brief period of time.
- Carol and Kamala are not the only people to hold the mantle of Ms. Marvel. Monica Rambeau, a Navy Lieutenant who gained cosmic powers in a freak accident. She also served as a member of the Avengers, later taking on the superhero identity of Photon.
- The film variant recycles Qi'ra's head.
Video Game Appearances
Gallery of Variants
Gallery of Video Game Variants