The droid has two canopies, two 'eyes', two legs and a saw for cutting into enemy ships. It is mostly Dark Stone Grey, with small amounts of Medium Stone Grey. The eyes are Trans. Fluorescent Reddish-Orange.
Buzz Droids are Separatist droids designed to destroy or disable starfighters whilst in space. Many were deployed in Droid discord missiles to hit their targets.
They were deployed in varying amounts; around five were sufficient to disable a Jedi Starfighter or equivalent craft, while larger numbers could take Republic assault ships apart. They usually performed their tasks with impressive speed and efficiency.
In Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, a number of these droids were deployed and hit Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter. Anakin Skywalker managed to scrape most of them off, but not before they had caused considerable damage to Obi-Wan's fighter. One droid scuttled onto Anakin's starfighter, but R2-D2 destroyed it by hitting it in the eye with an electrical blast.
- 7252 Droid Tri-Fighter
- 7283 Ultimate Space Battle (Two)
- 7751 Ahsoka's Starfighter and Vulture Droid (Two)
- 75041 Vulture Droid
- 75044 Droid Tri-Fighter
- 65771 Episode III Collectors' Set
Video Game Appearances
Gallery of Variants
- Though included in 7751, it made no appearance in the episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars until season 5, episode 13 of The Clone Wars.
- The Buzz droid has three eyes in the film and show; in LEGO form, it only has two.