Hi all, just to let admins know, we can hack a sitenotice into existence with some js that I stole from User:Eladske:
$('#WikiaPage').prepend('<div style="text-align:center; font-size: 150%; padding: 20px; border: 5px solid red;">Message here.</div>')
It's against Wikia's ToU, but who cares. We can use some code which I can't find to hide it from staff/helper/vstf.
When would we use this thing? Ajraddatz (Talk) 17:14, December 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Important stuffs ~ CJC 17:26, December 19, 2012 (UTC)
- "But who cares?" <<<<< I like your thinking. :P I guess we can use it for important blogs or forums (but we kinda already have the notifications for that). -NBP 18:54, December 19, 2012 (UTC)
- What would wikia do to us if we did use it? -LazerzSoH --- Destroy, Destroy, Exterminate!
- Not much. They would probably just disable it and/or block us for a little while. :P --Berrybrick (Talk) 00:03, December 20, 2012 (UTC)
- They'd just hit undo. ~ CJC 17:58, December 20, 2012 (UTC)
- If we include the code which hides it from staff, then they'll never notice :D (also against their ToU lol) Ajraddatz (Talk) 18:36, December 21, 2012 (UTC)
- And then if we hide that code.... -Cligra Join the redlink war!
- Yeah, we can hide a trail of code all over the place going through the set infobox and everything :D Jag 18:54, December 21, 2012 (UTC)