- This article is about the Classic Space minifigure. For The LEGO Movie character, see Benny (The LEGO Movie).
|Blue Classic Spaceman|
Laser Gun, Jetpack
According to the creator of the Classic space theme and minifigures, Jens Nygaard Knudsen, the blue astronauts were supposed to represent soldiers/security personal.
The Blue Classic Spaceman has blue legs and torso with a classic space logo printed on the torso. He has the 001 smiley head and wears a blue helmet. He has plain blue legs with an older molding than minifigures used today. He also has a blue oxygen tank and a blue helmet.
- 1580 Lunar Scout
- 6702 Space Mini-Figures
- 6750 Light & Sound Sonic Robot
- 6805 Astro Dasher
- 6808 Galaxy Trekkor
- 6809 XT-5 And Droid
- 6820 Starfire I
- 6824 Space Dart-I
- 6940 Alien Moon Stalker
- 6971 Intergalactic Command Base
- 6972 Polaris-I Space Lab
Video Game Appearances
- A character in The LEGO Movie named Benny has an identical appearance to Blue Classic Spaceman, except Benny's suit is scratched up and broken. He also has a cracked helmet and an excited turn-around face.
- In the early productions of the helmet in the 1980's, LEGO said that the helmet they made was too thin, and when the kids got the sets with the blue spaceman some of the helmets would crack. This is referenced in The LEGO Movie with Benny the Spaceman.
- Classic Spacemen were the first minifigures to have body printings, but they rubbed off easily. This is also referenced with Benny, since part of his printing seems to be rubbed off.
- The Blue Spaceman has been reproduced the most out of any other Classic Space Minifigure.
- It was reproduced for the Vintage Minifigure Collections in 2009 and 2012
- It was reproduced for the 850423 Minifigure Presentation Boxes.
- Benny, (Who is based of this Minifigure), has been seen in many The LEGO Movie (theme) and The LEGO Movie 2 (theme) sets, such as 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! and 70841 Benny's Space Squad.
- The Blue Spaceman is also the only Classic Spaceman to get a Nanofigure.