- 8944 Tanma
- 8945 Solek
- 8946 Photok
- 8947 Radiak (Shadow Matoran at the time)
- 8948 Gavla (Shadow Matoran at the time)
- 8949 Kirop (Shadow Matoran at the time)
- Takua (Later a Toa)
Av-Matoran were prototypes for the rest of Matoran. Their build was based on Agori build. They were stronger and bigger than their brothers. Also, they are the only Matoran that can use their elemental powers. The first Av-Matoran to be created was Takua, who later became Toa of Light. If it's written in his/her destiny, the Av-Matoran can become Bohrok.
Av-Matoran as sets
- Solek have rounded arms and legs and swords similar to Kopaka's bayonet
- Photok have masive arms and blades similat to Pohatu's Twin Propelers
- Tanma have long legs and straight swords similar to Lewa's Air Saber
Av-Matoran turned into Shadow Matoran
- Gavla was the first one to be turned into Shadow Matoran.
- Makuta were turning Av-Matorans into Shadow Matorans to prevent an uprising of Toa of Light.