- "What can I do for you, sir?"
- ―Alfred's soundbite in LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Alfred has a Light Nougat head with a thin mustache, laugh lines, and side burns. His torso is coloured black and depicts a black jacket with a grey vest and dark blue bow-tie. His legs are coloured light grey. Alfred has no hairpiece.
In the video games
In LEGO Batman: The Videogame, Alfred is identical to his appearance in 7783 The Batcave: The Penguin and Mr. Freeze's Invasion, but he balances a silver platter on his right hand at all times.
His appearance in LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham is similar to his appearance in the previous games except his hand are grey and the plate has a handle on the bottom rather than a tube
Alfred Pennyworth served in World War II. After the war, he went on to become an actor, but, before his father's final wish before his death was for Alfred to become a butler for the Wayne family, which was a family tradition. When Thomas and Martha Wayne were murdered in Crime Alley, Alfred took care of their son Bruce Wayne. He later became Bruce's confidant, as well as butler when he took on the identity of Batman. He also urged Bruce to accept Barbara Gordon as Batgirl.
In LEGO Batman
Alfred appeared as a minor character in Riddler's Revenge and Joker's Return.
- Riddler's Revenge
- Joker's Return
In LEGO Batman 2
Alfred reappears in LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes as a playable character. Players can contact him from certain consoles to view a map of Gotham City and summon unlocked vehicles to their location for use.
He appears as a non-playable character in the level "Unwelcome Guests" where he is the citizen in peril and surrounded by flames.
Alfred later appears on the news station where Vicki Vale says he carried the message that a charity event for the zoo animals has been cancelled.
Alfred can be unlocked at the door of Wayne Manor.
In LEGO Batman 3
Alfred appears in LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham as a major character. He is unlocked throughout the storyline with no extra cost. Unlike the previous games he is not the one giving hints throughout the loading and levels. It is shown that Alfred is brave enough to fight Batman.
- In LEGO Batman: The Videogame, Alfred appears in the Batcave hub, but may not be tagged.
- To unlock Alfred in LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, the player must collect 35 gold bricks. He can be found at the door of the Wayne Manor mansion (North Island) in Gotham City.
- He is identical to the butler from Indiana Jones. However, Alfred has a moustache, while the butler doesn't.
- In the Dark Knight Trilogy, Alfred is portrayed by Michael Caine who also voiced Finn McMissile in Cars 2.
- In the LEGO Batman Movie, Alfred is voiced by Ralph Fiennes who is best known for playing Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter films.
Gallery of Variants
- 7783 The Batcave: The Penguin and Mr. Freeze's Invasion
- 76052 Batman Classic TV Series - Batcave
- 70909 Batcave Break-In
- 70917 The Ultimate Batmobile
- 70922 The Joker Manor
- 71020 The LEGO Batman Movie Series 2
Video Game Appearances
- LEGO Batman: The Videogame
- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
- LEGO Dimensions
- LEGO DC Super-Villains
- The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame
- LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite
- LEGO DC Comics: Batman Be-Leaguered
- LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Gotham City Breakout
- The LEGO Batman Movie
- The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part